.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My life as a Wayland
Intoxication not advised

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Random late night post

I watched Donnie Darko today, and it's a brilliant film. So I decided to make a short list of really good movies that are really, really strange. As in somewhat difficult to follow (at times), and all in all quite surreal.

In no particular order:

Donnie Darko

Wow. This movie was good. Also the whole delusions thing was just way out there...very trippy indeed. And add into that all the stuff about time-travelling? Woah I felt like my mind was being put through a mental wringer.


Being John Malkovich

This one just felt so weird. The whole mood and premise of the movie was so strange, yet incredibly engrossing. Also one of the funniest scenes ever when Malkovich goes inside his own head. Also very disturbing...


12 Monkeys

Was it a dream or was it for real? That's what really defines surrealism in movies I guess, and with this one you're really kept guessing until the end. Also, I feel that Terry Gilliam is somewhat of a master of the weird (just look at all those Monty Python animations! Talk about strange...)


Fight Club

I'd be repeating much of the stuff I said about the other movies, so yeah this is a great movie!


Apocalypse Now

I don't know, maybe it's because I watched the extended version, but this movie was so deliciously strange. Marlon Brando is brilliant as always and the scenes at the end are just...hypnotic.


A Clockword Orange

Kubrick is a genius and this movie was a stand-out for me. Also it's really weird. The whole milk thing also. Someone must've been smoking something strange while writing this one.



There're lots more out there that I haven't mentioned due to laziness and/or amnesia. What? Also it's late and Wayland no function sleep without! I would've gone into more detail about the movies but I fear spoiling them and also, once again laziness/sleep deprivation (recall: NOT depravation) prevails.

0 Comments:

Counter-rant

<< Home