.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My life as a Wayland
Intoxication not advised

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Comeback!

I feel like resurrecting this blog. What for? I don't know, but in the stagnating, monotonous world of study I'm feeling a need for some measure of creativity. A teaspoon of brain-juice to help the medicine go down. Literally. Well actually, not literally. I'm not actually drinking medicine. And despite popular belief I do NOT drink brain-juice. Or consume any cephalous product in general.

So, this blog will act as a medium for me to once again subject the world to my musings, whether they be mundane or meaningful. There's no real direction at the moment, it's just going to be more of the "stream-of-consciousness" type ramblings that have always have (and probably always will) populate the blog.

To start the series (altough don't expect any continuity), I'll say that I've temporarily moved to a place that isn't Ivanhoe. I won't specify exactly where in case there are any stalkers out there, just sitting and waiting for a slip up so they can rattle the trees outside my window. Leave pleasantly creepy letters at my doorstep. Flaming bags of poo. And other, stalkerly things.

Anyway...at this new place there isn't a readily accessible train network! So I've been reduced to catching a bus! But actually I've come to appreciate that buses aren't the Devil's transit. Most of the time they're reliable, except there's no indication of when the bus will arrive, and there's no guarantee that the bus will stop. So ever vigilant one must be. Two missed buses later, that is the first thing I learnt. I'm quite shocked by the lack of buses during busy times. Whereas my old train used to run at least every 10 minutes during peak times, the bus seems to only come every 20 minutes or so. This makes for much frustrated waiting. ALSO I was waiting yesterday and the bus didn't stop because it was "too full"! That's 40 minutes of my life wasted, bus driver! AND, today they closed off part of the freeway and the bus trip took an extra 40 minutes! That's 80 minutes in 2 days of my life that I'll never get back. Imagine if I'd had that much extra time to sleep. Then I wouldn't have fallen asleep in half the lectures today. Well actually, that's a lie. I still would've fallen asleep. But I would've been happier. Isn't that what it's all about in the end? Happiness? Yeah...anyway. The second lesson I've learnt is know when and where to take a bus. The where is easy- I now know I should catch the bus at its source- in the CBD. The when...not so easy- how was I to know the freeway was closed until the bus didn't turn like it was supposed to?

You'd think that my first post after such a long break would be an interesting one. After all there's been such a long time for ideas to form, or interesting things to have happened.

But no.

0 Comments:

Counter-rant

<< Home