.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My life as a Wayland
Intoxication not advised

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Itsy bitsy spider flushed down the toilet...spout

EDIT [24/12/04]: On inspection of other spiders I've since sent to the web-encrusted Pearly Gates, namely this one's wife and brothers. For you see when I eliminate something...I eliminate the whole deal, even the pet aphid of the next door neighbour. But I digress. The point is, I have since then properly identified the spider in question as one of the famed white-tailed spiders. Interesting isn't it...anyway...I decided to be a sheep and follow the example set by fellow bloggers with this whole edit thing (you know who you are). After all imitation is the greatest form of flattery (not to mention a lazy bum's dream come true ;-P). But wow this edit is quite long...soon I might have a topic I deem great enough for a whole new post! Oh the anticipation...

I was reading Yu-Tang's blog about a centipede loose in his room and how he avoided contact out of sympathy...well, no such sympathies from me.

The story goes, I had a bit of a spider scare the other day, but luckily I had some spare tissues lying around so I attacked it, intending to squish it with all my might. But alas, it scrambled forward too quickly and touched my exposed thumb.

In horror, I responded by dropping the damned thing, which went on to scurry all over the place and being the lay oaf that I am, I decided to lunge for it from my seated position. Fortunately I didn't miss it and also managed to avoid knocking myself unconscious on my piano chair! And this time, I did squish it with all my mighty might! The tissue ended up having some brown patches...not sure if that was from the spider or...previous...uses but I wasn't game enough to investigate so down the loo it went...(for those of you who are interested I think it was a wolf spider)

But, as you can see when it comes to insects and arachnids, I have no feelings. Endangered? Swat! Pregnant? Splat! You get the idea...

Well as I was saying, I don't know why I have no regard for the lives of innocent more-than-four-legged critters. Perhaps it's an underlying deep seated fear of insects and their possible venoms and such (by the way people, poisonous equals not venomous! Poisons are ingested, venoms are injected). Or perhaps I'm just a real cold hearted exterminator...but hey that doesn't have such a bad ring to it..."Call me the Exterminator". Hehe...

So yeah...a word of warning I guess, if you have any beloved pet insects then don't try scaring me with them while I'm not paying attention. Chances are it'll only end in heartbreak and tears...and a lot of mess...not to mention I'd have to get new shoes but anyway! That's it for another night of Story Time With Uncle Wayland. Good night!


To be continued...

It's not easy to juggle a pregnant wife and a troubled child, but somehow I managed to fit in eight hours of TV a day.

4 Comments:

  • Hey I should be heading off to meet you soon but the allure of your brand new sparkling...or not...post was simply too great!

    Anyway! I must say that was a good read. Probably as good as Saman's! (Rest assured Saman, your story posts are quite brilliant and at least unequalled in terms of humour. Wayland's just seems better cos it's more...grammatically correct!)

    Alright I really ought to be doing other stuff so I'll try to cut short the rest of this comment:

    - spiders and other insects in general I don't really like to kill...aside from mossies and flies. My general...um..."theory" is if it doesn't hurt you, don't hurt it. I know I know, flies don't really hurt people do they? But I mean, what IS it about flies? Why do we find them so gross and...irrelevant? I mean, why is it that we don't find THEM cute? Cos, they're small...ppl find small things cute...You know it's really quite awful being a fly! Everyone hates you...everyone thinks you're ugly and no one...including me...would spare you your life if they could you know..."exterminate" you...as Wayland would.

    - besides that I coulda gotten that quote~!!!! But can I also have a (pretty wild) stab at the episode? Was it the one where it showed um...Homer and Marge's past...where you know...they had all these bits showing how Homer progressively lost his hair. Am I even close?

    Righteo I think I might be late now...er...fingers-crossed I'm not!!!

    Counter-ranted by Blogger JingleBells at Wednesday, December 15, 2004 10:09:00 am  

  • The quote is from a clasic simpson's episode. The one about lisa's first word i believe. Ofcourse the quote comes out of the mouth of one younger, less bald Homer Jay Simpson.
    Oh and a big sorry to everyone who's blogs i havent commented on... i've been so flat out right now :S but i will make it up to you. Promise!

    Counter-ranted by Blogger Unknown at Wednesday, December 15, 2004 9:00:00 pm  

  • i hate spiders! hate hate hate hate!!!!!!!!!! ugh! *shudders* i'm scared of arachnids and all insects...no matter how small (and that includes ants!) No sympathies from me either with spiders...i'm too scared to squash them with tissues or my foot in case they come into contact with my skin so i end up chasing them around the room and spraying them with my "raid protector" can...i end up using like half the can before they die hehehe....although thats probably because the spray says "fly and mosquito killer" so it doesn't work too well on those evil spiders :)

    but i guess next time i see a spider, i'll give u a call and u can come over and exterminate it for me...that would be faster won't it? hmm...maybe not seeing how far u have to travel and by then who knows where the spider would have gone :P...oh well back to the spray then

    and saman, how did u manage to guess that quote? ur googling skills must be improving these days :P

    Counter-ranted by Anonymous Anonymous at Wednesday, December 15, 2004 11:58:00 pm  

  • Oh, you play the piano? Can you play something next time you're here?

    I hate squishing things, the whole squishy feeling makes me feel sick... even thinking about it....

    OK... change of subject. Doing anything on NYE?

    Counter-ranted by Blogger Fodder at Friday, December 24, 2004 12:34:00 am  

Counter-rant

<< Home