.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My life as a Wayland
Intoxication not advised

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Urge to kill...fading...fading...fading -- rising! Fading...fading

Woohoo! My dad finally got around to getting me some new computer equipment. That’s right I now have a new MULTIFUNCTION printer and a digital camera! Yay! These past few days have been spent playing around with these cool new gadgets. Yes, I now no longer have to suffer the frustrations of my CRAPPY CANON BJC-265! It was the worst printer ever! There have been countless occasions where it made want to pick it up and throw it against the wall then kick it numerous times then scream in frustration as I look down upon the scraps...Um, nevermind that. It’s just that that printer...*shudders*. Those who know me know that it takes something special to get me all fired up, and that printer...ooh how I hated it. At least the new printer is good...but we’ll have to see if it turns out to be just as annoying, but fingers crossed it’s not, or someone may just die...

On the brighter side my new camera rocks! I’m not much of a photographer, so some of the photos I’ve been taking have turned out quite...strange. Like, there’s this option to merge (or “stitch” as the manual says) many photos into one big one. The only problem is that the photos have to be straight...and generally good. Well, mine are neither. So some of the photos have turned out...wonky. I took a photo of my backyard today, but as I moved from one picture to another, the sun came out. So in one bit of the picture the grass is dark and in the next bit it’s bright...how quaint :).

I was quite surprised, actually, by my dad’s urge to splash out on all these new gadgets. But then, I felt that he’s been generally happy with me ever since I got into medicine and got my scholarship...but I’ll probably cure him of this happiness some time in the (near) future...after I start failing subjects (darn...we only have two of those...) and stuff...oh well we’ll see how it goes I guess. Nothing to do now but wait...Staying home is so boring...

That’s it for another day guys! Take it easy now, you hear?

3 Comments:

  • *insert witty comment here*
    um...i've still got my dodgy canon bjc-2000sp
    perhaps u'd like to "take care" of it for me?? - to inspire my dad to buy a "multifunctional printer" for me too??
    hmm...*insert another super-witty comment here*

    Counter-ranted by Blogger JingleBells at Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:43:00 pm  

  • Will do, I'll send some of the boys around to pick it up for you and er, "deal with it".

    Counter-ranted by Blogger Wayland at Thursday, June 24, 2004 1:48:00 pm  

  • my old hp400 was affectionately known as the shredder. It now resides in my garage along with the ole laptop that i thought was so cool but really isnt...

    Counter-ranted by Blogger Unknown at Thursday, June 24, 2004 2:59:00 pm  

Counter-rant

<< Home