.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My life as a Wayland
Intoxication not advised

Saturday, October 30, 2004

Stayin' Alive

I've realised that I don't really have anything to blog about any more (except the odd thing or two...like there being not many days left until we finish exams :D!).

Well as I was saying, I've decided, in true Wayland fashion, to copy Jing and run my own competition! The subjecg matter will be, unsurprisingly, The Simpsons. Now REALLY sorry to all those who still read this blog who aren't Simpsons fans (yes, unfortunately they do exist) but this is the only thing I'm good at; and I'm sure you'd all rather see this blog still alive and kicking rather than dead and listless.

Well, first things first: the rules!

1. No Googling allowed if you plan on posting up your answer. If not, and you're just curious...that's fine with me, but don't be tempted to "cheat" as many of us have considered in our darkest hours.
2. The answers are the names of characters or descriptions of those characters. However, these descriptions may need to be more specific than "that fat bald guy" because there are more than one of those! Also, if you really can't place the character, the episode or situation in which the quote is said will also be accepted and if you can get both I might consider you for bonus points should I decide that it was a good enough effort! However, note that some quotes give away the situation, and in these cases I will judge if the answer given is adequate or not.
3. Make sure you leave your name with your answer, so I know who to attribute the points to. I know this may seem a bit mean, but if you don't leave your name you will not be given the points. It's as simple as that. Hence, if you wish to remain anonymous, then don't play the game (at least don't put up your comments). Now I'm not a mean person, so if you just forgot to leave your name then I'll give you points given you've met the conditions.
4. You are allowed to look up Simpsons scripts and watch episodes. I won't give away any good sites to look up Simpsons scripts so you will have to rely on your own resourcefulness (Googling for sites is allowed).
5. In the rare case of two characters saying the EXACT SAME THING at different times, I will accept either or both of the characters. Bonus points may be given if both are submitted as answers.
6. If you show your knowledge of The Simpsons to be far superior to mine, I salute you and I will reward you. I realise this may be a bit blurry, but a good Simpsons fan will know when he's beaten in Simpsons knowledge (generally spotting a Simpsons related mistake on my behalf; and not just a slightly different quote than that spoken)
7. Bonus points may be attributed for answering extra questions. I will indicate where this may be done legitamately, although the aforementioned ways of socring bonus points will still be in effect)

Now onto the fun stuff! Yay!

To start things off, here's a really easy one.


Don't make me run, I'm full of chocolate


Have fun guys!

2 Comments:

  • Now this is something that I can do. I'm so musically challenged, sorry Jing! Anyway, it was said by Deiter, I think that's his name. That German exchange student dude.

    Counter-ranted by Blogger Fodder at Saturday, October 30, 2004 1:52:00 am  

  • Haha, you loveable thief you...
    Anyway, glad I managed to give you the "inspiration" to continue blogging: does that mean I can get my promotion Jean?

    But aside from that I think I'm COMPLETELY out of this competition since that "easy" one was a complete puzzle to me. I didn't even know they had a German exchange student on the show! But fear not, I'll inform my tramily about your blog. So better get those quotes ready!

    Counter-ranted by Blogger JingleBells at Saturday, October 30, 2004 10:50:00 am  

Counter-rant

<< Home