.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

My life as a Wayland
Intoxication not advised

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Back, with a vegeance...not to mention a bit of stomach pain and insomnia

I'm finally back on my desktop. What happened to it? It's a long story...plus I'm feeling lazy at this late hour (yes, I've decided to reform my nocturnal ways, despite the title of this post). In any case, my computer was out of commission for over a week!

Oh the pain, oh the pain of it all! What have I done to deserve such suffering? Surely eating stillborn babies would have appeased those eternally angry Gods?

Well, anyway, such is the sadness of my life that I doubt many people even noticed that I was gone. Ah well, I'm a rehabilitated MSN junkie so I must be strong! Luckily for me I had some Chinese martial arts series to watch.

Also, I'm feeling somewhat malevolent right now. I recently bought the game "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic", which is basically a game where you take the role of a Jedi and you can pursue an evil or a good life...and I think I might just enjoy the former. This takes me back to the days when I played "Black & White", where you were a God competing for the people's worship. But alas, no matter how hard I tried I always ended up being evil, with red spikes protuding from my temple and ghastly long and purple fingernails on my hand...how pretty! But who knew that setting people on fire and throwing them around to gain worshippers was considered an evil act? Plus sacrificing children gave me so many points it just wasn't economical to let them live! And so what if I dug up skeletons to sacrifice them to myself! They're no good to the family and I might as well get some use out of them! Some people can be so up tight about things!

Anyway, moment of nostalgia over and I should be off to bed anyway.

4 Comments:

  • Good to have you back Wayland.

    hm meanwhile, what's it with you people and eating babies? isn't steak good enough for you anymore? lol.

    anyway those games you play sound kinda violent...it's kinda odd don't you think how people are fascinated by crime and criminals? well i know i know, it's all just games and entertainment, but...nvm. I could go on all day about human nature. and god no, NOT THE BAND.

    ok, nothing further to add.

    Counter-ranted by Blogger JingleBells at Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:55:00 am  

  • Erggh. "Stillborn babies?" Are you sure this game is such a good thing? I mean it's sounds awfully violent and ickky. What happened to the nice ole Wayland we used to know.

    Counter-ranted by Blogger Unknown at Tuesday, July 12, 2005 9:37:00 am  

  • The two games I've named here are actually quite placid if you want them to be, but I chose the path of evil. Well, in "Black & White" I tried to do good, but just couldn't resist doing some "evil" acts to get an advantage over my nemesis (who, funnily enough, was called Nemesis).

    As for those criminal games...there's this series called "Grand Theft Auto"...in which you're trying to be a crime lord. Pretty neat no? What you've always wanted to do...control the seedy underground of America's most famous cities...

    Counter-ranted by Blogger Wayland at Tuesday, July 12, 2005 1:24:00 pm  

  • why buy games when u have free minesweeper on msn and free spades at pogo????? waste of money!

    Princess

    Counter-ranted by Anonymous Anonymous at Tuesday, July 12, 2005 7:17:00 pm  

Counter-rant

<< Home